||Anti Flat Head Baby Hats
Repositions Baby to Prevent Flat Head Syndrome
Tortle is an FDA-cleared Class I medical device. It’s a natural way to encourage healthy head and neck motion, without any of the suffocation risks of repositioning pillows or wedges.
What Is Tortle?
Tortle is a simple, comfortable beanie that helps prevent and treat early stages flat head syndrome: plagiocephaly & torticollis. It makes the job of repositioning newborns safe and easy.
It is recommended that all newborns wear a Tortle for the first few months of life to aid in repositioning; which supports healthy development. Tortle works by gently deflecting your baby’s head when she’s sitting or lying on the back of her head, to gently move her head from side to side.
The incidence of plagiocephaly and torticollis (or flat head syndrome) has increased by 600% since 1992 due to the amount of time infants spend on their back (the safest place to be). However, if left untreated, treatment is expensive and can be hard on the baby. Moreover, long term developmental delays can occur. But plagiocephaly and torticollis almost 100% preventable with repositioning, which Tortle makes easy.
How do I use it?
- Put the beanie on your baby when she is lying awake (such as on the floor or in a bouncer or swing), sleeping with your supervision, or traveling in a car seat or stroller.
- Align the support roll behind one ear, then at feeding time, switch sides so she doesn’t begin to favor a position. Tortle is not intended for overnight use.
- If your baby has developed some flattening or plagiocephaly, use the Tortle to position the head preferentially to the other side. Once the flattening has improved, then return to alternating it side to side.
- The patented support roll aids in repositioning: it’s firm enough so she won’t roll over, and soft enough to encourage natural, comfortable movement.
See our You Tube section for a video on how to use Tortle.
Is It Safe?
Tortle is an FDA-cleared Class I medical device to help prevent flat head syndrome. It’s a natural way to encourage healthy head and neck motion, without any of the suffocation risks of repositioning pillows or wedges.
Tortle is made from 95% cotton, 5% spandex. The support roll is made from a non-toxic foam. Tortle can be machine washed and tumbled dry.
What Size Do I Need?
Tortle comes in three sizes. We recommend baby wear Tortle from birth through the first 6 months of life.
S 0-2 months / 5-10 lbs (13-15″ head circumference)
M 2-4 months / 10-15 lbs (15-16.5″ head circumference)
L 4-6 months / 15-20 lbs (16.5-18″ head circumference)
The beanie should be big enough to cover your baby’s ears. Once it no longer covers at least the tops of the ears, it’s time to move to the next larger size.
How do I return an item?
Baby Ride Safe is confident you will be happy with your purchase(s). If you are unhappy, with your purchase, please call us at (705)-999-0574 or 1-855-LIL-ONES.
Conditions for return:
- The item is unused, in its original new condition and returned in its original packaging with all documentation present and is saleable.
- The request for refund or exchange is made within 14 days from the date order was processed.
- Your return shipment must indicate the Return Authorization Number (RAN) on the exterior of your shipment, provided by Baby Ride Safe.
- All shipping charges to return the product are at the responsibility of the customer
- If any returns are shipped COD they will be refused and sent back to the customer
If any of the above conditions are not met, Baby Ride Safe may not be able to issue a full refund. All refunds will be sent to your account once the product has been received, usually received within 5 business days.
***Please note that certain items once opened or sold cannot be returned or exchanged due to hygienic safety concerns.***
Final Sale Items/Non-Returnable Items
These items will not be returned under any condition.
Items that are final sale include but are not limited to the following:
Sale items, Car Seats, Diaper and Diaper Accessories, Clothing, Breast Pumps and Accessories, Pacifiers and Teethers, Bottles and Accessories, Personal Care Products, Feeding and Accessories, and Special Order items.
Baby Ride Safe reserves the right to make changes to this list and can accept returns at their discretion, they are under no obligations to accept returnable items.
There are no returns on special orders. Any item that is not in stock and shows an estimated lead time can be considered a special order item. Please see our Terms & Conditions for complete details regarding our return policy.
All order cancellations must be completed within 24 hours from the time of placed order. Please go into your account and cancel your order number. Cancelled orders will be confirmed via an email notification. In the event you require assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact our customer service line, we will be happy to assist you. There is a 1.50 fee for cancellation of orders completed online.
Defective or Damaged Merchandise
In the unfortunate circumstance that you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact us within 24 hours of receiving the item at email@example.com
. We require you to provide us with detailed photographs so that the manufacturer, the carrier and our staff can access the damages or defects with the item and obtain a prompt response. Depending on the product and the extent of the damage or defect, a replacement part or brand new unit will be sent out as soon as possible.